Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Meetings with mom's

I seem to underestimate how important it is to meet with other moms. I know that everyone talks to their own mom, and I am not deminishing that in any way, but it is so uplifting to meet with other moms close to your own age or in the same stage of motherhood as you. I just got back from tea with a mom friend of mine and it was so great just to talk about our experiences, she has three now, and talk about how life changes. It is great also because, I don't know about you, but I had so many ideals and thoughts on how I was going to raise my child and then you get pregnant and have a baby and have to throw a lot of those out the window, not because they aren't good ideas but because they just don't work for you or your baby. It was so great to talk about how important adaptability is in a mothers life and how there's no point getting used to a routine because they change all the time. It was so great to sit down with another mom (over cookies of course) and just talk about life as a mother. I have now done that with a few mom friends and feel so refreshed and recharged after each time. It is a reminder to do it more often.

No comments: