Sunday, April 26, 2009

What a weekend





Well, today has been a day of rest and relaxation. We have had a few crazy months and between work for both Jacko and I, plus Jacko working a few side jobs and me getting ready for summer and a spring craft market, let alone Manuk and all the outings and fun he brings, we feel like we haven't had a day of "nothing" in a LONG time. This Saturday I was selling my Fairy Earth Mama products at a local spring market. It was great, and good to get a kick in the butt to get my stock of products made for the summer. For those who don't know, I made a line of alcohol, chemical and petroleum free products, from lotions to healing salves to bug lotion and sun protector to lip balms and face wash. It is a fun thing and I like sharing the possibilities of using more natural products with my customers. It is a rediculous amount of work though. Every day for a few weeks I have been working for hours to get all the stock ready. The sale went well, not a huge turnout but steady. Mom, Dad, Manuk (Mom and Dad took him for the day while Jacko and I worked), Kyle, Tiffany and Sheila all came down to support the sale and me which was very nice. In the end it was a very tiring but very fun day.
Saturday night, after dinner at Glen and Sheilas (where Jacko was working all day) we were home for a total of 5 minutes to grab PJ's for Manuk and we were off again. Good friends of ours are moving to Thailand in a few days. We will miss them a lot. We went to their empty house to have a farewell. Needless to say it was a long day and night. From 9 am until midnight I think I was home for a total of about 6 minutes.
Today for some reason, Manuk thought it would be a great idea to wake up at 6:45. I managed to keep him in bed until 7:30 but then it was time to get up. We let Jacko sleep and have a really good sleep in day. He has been working so hard. Manuk and I ate breakfast, played outside and hugn out all day. When Jacko got up we decided that today would be a "do nothing but lay around and watch movies" day. When it was time for Manuk to go to sleep, we ended up laying down together and I got a bit of a nap in as well. It was awesome.
Needless to say, when it is a do nothing day, mama isn't making supper either. lol. We had a "te cena" tonight, which translates to tea time for supper. It was nice and lazy and fun.
Well, the family is alseep and I am wrappig up some work and folding a little laundry and heading off to bed as well.
Hooray for lazy days.

2 comments:

Lorraine said...

Welcome back to the blogging world. So nice to see you here again. Glad you had a good lazy day. We all need those from time to time.

Unknown said...

Yeah! What a surprise today to find you updated your blog! What fun. You are an amazing Mom and an amazing lady. Love you and am very proud of you kiddo. Mom