Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Mothers Day 2009

Well, Mothers day has come and gone, and as I was downloading pictures on to my computer from my camera, I realised that at mothers day at mom and dad's, I was taking pictures with mom's camera. Shoot. Well mom, you will have to email me some photo's so I can post them.
Mothers day weekend started off on Saturday, with snow. Yup, that's right, snow ! Mom and I had planned on going to the Linden Woods and Whyte Ridge neighborhood garage sales on Saturday. Jacko was working. And being true Winnipegers, we still went. Manuk and Grandpa hung out from 10 am Saturday while mom and I went out for a good 5 hours. I little dissapointing as we ended up spending WAY less than we wanted, and brought home surprisingly few things, but got a few good deals and Manuk got some new toys and books and a spring coat. It was a lot of fun to hang out with mom all day and just have some grown up shopping time. Garage Saleing is about the only shopping I like to do (other than grocery shopping). After that, we went to Grandma and Grandpa Corbetts for coffee for a mothers day visit as well. It was really nice.
Mothers day started out very nice with Manuk sleeping in until 9:30. It was awesome, I got up with him at 9:30 a very rested mommy! Once we had our morning bottle (Manuk had the bottle, I have not started drinking in the morning, lol) and cuddle, I got to work baking bread for supper later on. I also got busy making 2 batches of puff wheat cake for Jacko's family get together that afternoon.
Jacko got up and we got ready to leave. Jacko and Manuk had a mothers day gift for me, 2 new Wilton baking sheets (professional quality) and 2 " 'Ove' Gloves " . http://www.ovenglove.net/. I was very excited about both things.
We got ready and headed out to Birds Hill to Jacko's aunt and uncles house for a family mothers day get together. It was a beautiful day.

There are always so many toys there for Manuk to play with. He loved it.

All the girls love him, and he doesn't seem to mind at all.
After that, we went to Mom and Dad's for supper. We had an awesome time, and ate awesome food. It was great to get together for such an awesome reason.
All the photo's from here are on mom's camera so I can't show them off, but trust me, it was a great time.
After that, we came home and went to bed, boy were we tired.
The next day it was another beautiful day and we were hanging out in the backyard with our neighbours, Pat and Shaunda, or as Mauk calls them, Baba and well, he doesn't call Shaunda anything but loves them a lot.
They were keeping Manuk entertained while I was making us all dinner and I guess playing dress up, one of Manuks favorite things. Here is how it turned out.


All in all, an awesome weekend was had by all !

No comments: