Thursday, April 10, 2008

Day 3 - back to square one

Well, last night was terrible. Manuk went down OK at 9:45 but for some reason I had insomnia and couldn't fall asleep until 1 am. This woldn't have been too bad except that at 2:30 Manuk woke up hysterical and screaming. I went in and put his soother in, rubbed his back, told him I loved him, sang our bedtime song and left again. 5 minutes later while he was still screaming, I went in again, repeat. 10 minutes, o in again, repeat, 15 minutes (this is what you're supposed to be doing right, 5 minutes longer each time?!?). I stay in little longer this time. Jacko and I are both up, me on 1 1/2 of sleep so things seem a lot worse then they really might be. the screams are louder, our walls between us and the neighbours, thinner, the hours until you have to get up,less and less. Finally at 4 am, after an hour and a half of screaming, Manuk came into our bed. I know, I know, Back to square one, but after that little sleep and that much cying you would do it too.
Anyway, I spoke to Manuks doctor today and he said that I should put him down before he falls alseep, then let him cry. If it is for 20 minutes, fine, if it is for 2 hours, fine. He said that every time you go into his room , you let him know that if he screams for __ amount of time, then someone will come in. He said that he has to figure out that he can't ry to get mommy.
I am very stressed about tonight. I am worried. He is down now but I am worried that Manuk is going to wake up in the middle of the night and I will have to let him cry and cry. This means that I am lying in bed crying and if anyone knows me well enough to see me the day after crying lots, I can barely open my eyes and it is not a good idea to go out in public.
Anyway, here we go. We have switched the music to soft jazz and we'll see if that helps any. Wish us luck

No comments: