Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Manuk and his cold

Well, this has been a tough past week. Manuk started with a cough on Wednesday of last week and I took him in on Thursday just to get it checked. The doctor said that it was probably a cold and just to give him lots of fluids and rest. Well, y yesterday Manuk had been getting progressivly worse (his cough) so I took him back. The doctor listened to his chest and said that he couldn't hear anything but he wanted to send him for a chest X-ray just to be sure. Well, I took him for the X-ray, which was very tramaic for both of us. They had to strap him into this plexi gass tube sanding up with him arms above his head so that he woldn't move during the x-rays. He was screaming, Inwas trying not to cry but in the endn (after a few minutes that seemed like a few hours) they had their shots. Well, today we got a call from the doctor that there is a bit of a dense spot on the x-ray that could either be caused byt he cold or someting else, so we are headin back on Friday morning to get him checked again. Manuk has his good moments and his bad ones, but you can tell he really isn't feeling very well, poor little guy, and mommy is feeling tired and a little house bound. We were going to go to a mommy and me group at a friends church tomorrow morning, which was going to be a nice outing but I dont't think we are going to go now until we know if it is just a cold and weither it is contagious or not. On a brighter note, my friend Shannon and I are going to go ot a movie tomrorow night, which I am so looking forward to. It has been a long time since I have been out with Shannon without a Manuk in tow. It will be a good few hours.

No comments: